Our phones have been ringing off the hook! Since our neighbors in North Central West Virginia have been spending more time in their homes, they realize that they would like to improve what currently exists. If you are interested in a new kitchen or bath, you can make your life a lot easier by developing a wish list of everything that you want to then create a preliminary budget.
A word of caution about budgeting: don’t rely on home improvement television as a valid source. While HGTV, DIY, and other networks and shows are great sources of inspiration, their timetables and budgets do not resemble reality. They often don’t include time for planning, permitting or the cost of labor.
Your wish list and budget need to align. If they don’t, you’re likely to be disappointed. Our showroom professionals help homeowners in North Central West Virginia develop realistic expectations and budgets every day.
Here are several factors that can increase budgets:
- Relocating appliances, sinks and faucets likely will result in having to move existing plumbing, electrical and gas lines, and ductwork.
- Commercial grade appliances are more expensive options.
- Bluetooth enabled and smart appliances are generally more expensive than conventional appliances.
- Opening up a kitchen space to another room may require structural improvements.
- Moving walls, gas, water, and electrical lines and ductwork often require code upgrades.
- Adding windows, doors, or skylights.
- Creating new space by extending your kitchen outdoors or into another room.
- Selecting custom cabinets.
- Natural stone and engineered quartz countertops have higher price tags than other countertop options.
- Starting demolition before finalizing plans, drawings, and orders.
- Changing plans after construction begins.
Making a wish list helps to focus and your priorities. We specialize in helping homeowners in North Central West Virginia to prioritize their wish lists and offer alternatives if specific wants don’t match available budgets. We also encourage our clients to create idea books on Pinterest and Houzz.com to better understand the look and feel that they want to achieve. Idea boards also help us to identify value-creating opportunities and options to lower costs without compromising look or performance.
If you are interested in renovating your home, please give us a call at (304) 291-6991 or visit our showroom at 1214 Green Bag Road Morgantown, WV 26508